Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Imagery in healing: Shamanism and modern medicine.Shambhala, Boston1985
Apóstolo, J. L. A. (2007). O imaginário conduzido no conforto de doentes em contexto psiquiátrico. Doctoral Dissertation. Porto, PT: Porto University.
- Sofrimento e conforto em doentes submetidas a quimioterapia.Referência. 2006; 2nd Série, 3: 55-64
- Development and psychometric evaluation of the Psychiatric In-patients Comfort Scale (PICS).Enfermería Clínica. 2007; 17: 17-23
- Adaptation to Portuguese of the Depression, Anxiety and Stress Scales (DASS).Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem. 2006; 14: 863-871
Campbell-Gillies, L. (2004). Guided imagery as treatment for anxiety and depression in breast cancer patients: A pilot study [On line]. A dissertation submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of M.A. Psychology. Rand Afrikaans University. Retrieved August 8, 2007. Available http://etd.rau.ac.za/theses/available/etd-10062004-095533/restricted/GIreviseddissert2003130304.pdf.
- Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences.2nd ed. Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, NJ1988
- Depression as a lethal disease: Prevention strategies.Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 1994; 55: 37-45
- Ao encontro de Espinosa. As Emoções e a neurologia do sentir.6th ed. Publicações Europa-América, Mem Martins2004
- Depression: Epidemiology and risk factors.in: Potokar J. Thase M.E. Advances in the management and treatment of depression. Taylor & Francis, London2003: 1-39 ([On line] Retrieved Octobre 29, 2006. Available)
- Positive affect and the other side of coping.American Psychologist. 2000; 55: 647-654
- Self-criticism and self-warmth: An imagery study exploring their relation to depression.Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy. 2006; 20: 183-200
- A novel theory for nursing education: Holistic comfort.Journal of Holistic Nursing. 2007; 25: 278-285
- Caring and comfort metaphors used by patients in critical care.Image: Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 1996; 28: 349-352
- Alternative and complementary therapies for labor and birth: An application of Kolcaba's Theory of Holistic Comfort.Holistic Nursing Practice. 2000; 15: 66-77
- A taxonomic structure for the concept comfort.Image,. 1991; 23: 237-240
- Comfort Theory and practice. A vision for holistic health care and research.Springer, New York2003
Kolcaba K.Y. (on line). The comfort line. Retrieved April, 8, 2008. Available http://www.thecomfortline.com.
- The effects of guided imagery on comfort of women with early stage breast cancer undergoing radiation therapy.Oncology Nursing Forum. 1999; 26: 67-72
- Manual for the depression anxiety stress scales.Psychology Foundation, Sydney1995
- Effects of guided imagery and music (GIM) therapy on mood and cortisol in healthy adults.Health Psychology. 1997; 16: 390-400
- The phenomenology of comfort.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 1994; 20: 189-195
- Statistical power analysis: A simple and general model for traditional and modern hypothesis tests.Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahwah, NJ1998
- Responses to depression and their effects on the duration of depressive episodes.Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 1991; 100: 569-582
- The role of rumination in depressive disorders and mixed anxiety/depressive symptoms.Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 2000; 109: 504-511
- Técnicas de relaxamento: Um guia prático para profissionais de saúde.2nd ed. Lusociência, Loures2003 (J. Bastos, Trad.)
- Guided imagery for self-healing. An essential resource for anyone seeking wellness.2nd ed. H.J. Kramer, Tiburon, CA2000
- The comfort and discomfort of infertility.Journal of obstetric, gynecologic and neonatal nursing. 1996; 25: 167-172
- The need for a conceptual framework.in: Verhonic P. Nursing research. Little & Brown, Boston1975: 3-25
- Comfort in labor and midwifery art.Image: Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 1999; 31: 77-81
- Imagery in psychotherapy.American Psychological Association, Washington2006
- Relaxation and imagery for anxiety and depression control in community patients with advanced cancer.Cancer Nursing. 2002; 25: 432-435
- Are theories of imagery theories of imagination? An active perception approach to conscious mental content.Cognitive Science. 1999; 23: 207-245
- Safety and comfort work of nurses glimpsed through patient narratives.International Journal of Nusing Practice. 2002; 8: 42-48
- Differences in relaxation by means of guided imagery in a healthy community sample.Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 2006; 12: 60-66
- The world health report 2001—Mental health: New understanding, new hope.([On line]) WHO, Geneva2001 (Retrieved September 21, 2006. Available)