Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Self-transcendent views and behaviors: Exploring growth in caregivers of adults with dementia.Journal of Gerontological Nursing. 2002; 28: 22-30
- Self-transcendence and family caregivers of adults with dementia.Journal of Holistic Nursing. 2000; 18: 143-158
- Self-transcendence and emotional well-being in women with advanced breast cancer.Oncology Nursing Forum. 1991; 18: 857-863
- Lived experience of self-transcendence in women with AIDS.Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing. 1995; 24: 314-318
- Correlates of self-transcendence in a healthy population.Nursing Research. 1996; 45: 116-121
- Facilitation of self-transcendence in a breast cancer support group II.Oncology Nursing Forum. 2003; 30: 291-300
- Reed's self-transcendence theory.in: Tomey A.M. Alligood M.R. Nursing theorists and their work. 6th ed. Mosby, St. Louis2005: 643-662
- Self-transcendence: A resource for healing at the end of life.Issues in Mental Health Nursing. 1996; 17: 275-288
- Self-transcendence and depression in middle-age adults.Western Journal of Nursing Research. 2001; 23: 698-713
- A qualitative study of self-transcendence in caregivers of terminally ill patients.American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care. 1999; 16: 455-462
- Self-transcendence and burnout in hospice and oncology nurses.Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care. 2008; 10: 172-179
- Testing two elements of spirituality in depressed and non-depressed elders.International Journal of Psychiatric Nursing Research. 1998; 4: 452-462
McGee, E. M. (2004). I'm better for having known you: An exploration of self-transcendence in nurses. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Boston College, Boston.
- HIV, self transcendence, and quality of life.Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care. 1997; 8: 59-69
- Transcendence and transformation in the life patterns of women living with rheumatoid arthritis.Advances in Nursing Science. 2002; 24: 27-47
- Resilience, sense of coherence, purpose in life and self-transcendence in relation to perceived physical and mental health among the oldest old.Aging & Mental Health. 2005; 9: 354-362
Palmer, B., Quinn Griffin, M., Reed, P. G., & Fitzpatrick, J. J. (in press). Self-transcendence and work engagement in acute care staff registered nurses. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly.
- The effect of HIV/AIDS disease progression on spirituality and self-transcendence in a multicultural population.Journal of Transcultural Nursing. 2006; 17: 280-289
- Developmental resources and depression in the elderly.Nursing Research. 1986; 35: 368-374
- Mental health of older adults.Western Journal of Nursing Research. 1989; 11: 143-163
- Self-transcendence and mental health in oldest-old adults.Nursing Research. 1991; 40: 5-11
- Toward a nursing theory of self transcendence: Deductive reformulation using developmental theories.Advances in Nursing Science. 1991; 13: 64-77
- Transcendence: Formulating nursing perspectives.Nursing Science Quarterly. 1996; 9: 2-3
- The place of transcendence in nursing's science of unitary human beings: Theory and research.in: Madrid M. Patterns of Rogerian knowing. NLN, New York1998: 187-196
- The theory of self-transcendence.in: Smith M.J. Liehr P. Middle range theory for nursing. 2nd ed. Springer, New York2008: 105-130
- Transcendence: The meaning of great-grandmothering.Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 1996; 10: 245-251
- Persevering through postpartum fatigue.Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing. 2008; 36: 28-37
- Self-transcendence and well-being in homeless adults.Journal of Holistic Nursing. 2007; 20: 118-122
- Structured reminiscence: An intervention to decrease depression and increase self-transcendence in older women.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2006; 15: 208-218
- Self-transcendence and activities of daily living: The woman with the pink slippers.Journal of Holistic Nursing. 1999; 17: 251-266
- Spiritual influences on ability to engage in self-care activities among older African Americans.International Journal of Aging and Human Development. 2005; 60: 77-94
- A conceptual analysis of spirituality at the end of life.Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2009; 12: 53-59
Wright, K. (2003). Quality of life, self-transcendence, illness distress, and fatigue in liver transplant recipients. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. University of Texas at Austin.
- Elders' perceptions of the role of group psychotherapy in fostering self-transcendence.Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 1995; 9: 338-347