- Sussman T.
- Yaffe M.
- McCusker J.
- Burns V.
- Strumpf E.
- Sewitch M.
- Belzile E.
- Stahl S.T.
- Beach S.R.
- Musa D.
- Schulz R.
- Kleebthong D.
- Chareonsuk S.
- Kristiansen L.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Psychiatric Nursing
- Living with major depression: Experiences from families' perspectives.Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. 2009; 23: 309-316https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2008.00624.x
- The meaning of major depression in family life: The viewpoint of the ill parent.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2010; 19: 284-293https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2009.02851.x
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.5th ed. Washington, DC2013
- Troubling contexts: Toward a generative theory of rurality as education research.Journal of Rural and Community Development. 2008; 3: 100-111
- A study on the family burden of patients with major depressive disorder.Indian Medical Gazette. 2010; June CXLIV(6): 218-221
- Development of guideline for alleviating among psychiatric patients with chain in public health region 13, Thailand.Journal of Nursing and Health Care. 2014; 32: 115-126
Central Intelligence Agency. (2017). The world fact book: East & Southeast Asia, Thailand. Retrieved from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/th.ht
- Family's attitudes towards the enchainment of psychiatric patients: Case study at Khon Kaen province.Department of Social Administration, Faculty of Social Administration, Thammasat University, Master's Thesis2006
- Thai family communication patterns: Parent-adolescent communication and the well-being of Thai families.Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management. 2011; 19: 81-86
- Qualitative inquiry & research design- choosing among five approaches.4th ed. Sage, Los Angeles2018
- Distress in caregivers of a family member with serious mental illness.The Family Journal. 2015; 23: 286-294https://doi.org/10.1177/1066480715572967
- Gendered migrant social capital: Evidence from Thailand.Social Forces. 2005; 84: 225-255
- Preparing and conducting interviews to collecting data.Nurse Researcher. 2013; 20: 28-32
- Depression screening in medically Ill homecare elderly.Best Practices in Mental Health. 2010; 6: 1-16
- The experience of family caregivers of older people with depression.Revista Da Escola De Enfermagem Da U S P. 2010; 44: 32-38
- Methodological challenges in qualitative content analysis: A discussion paper.Nurse Education Today. 2017; 56: 29-34
- Qualitative content analysis in nursing research: Concepts, procedures and measures to achieve trustworthiness.Nurse Education Today. 2004; 24: 105-112
- Stigma experienced by caregivers of patients with severe mental disorders: A nationwide multicentric study.International Journal of Social Psychiatry. 2017; 63: 407-417https://doi.org/10.1177/0020764017709484
- Predictors of depression among older people living inrural areas of Thailand.Bangladesh Medical Research Council Bulletin. 2011; 37: 51-56
- Knowledge of depression among Korean American older adults.Journal of Applied Gerontology. 2011; 30: 655-665https://doi.org/10.1177/0733464810374468
Jorm, A. F. (2012). Mental health literacy: empowering the community to take action for better mental health. American Psychological Association, 67(3), 231–243. doi:https://doi.org/10.1037/a0025957
- Mental health literacy: A survey of the public's ability to recognise mental disorders and their beliefs about the effectiveness of treatment.The Medical Journal of Australia. 1977; 166: 182-186
- Older Thai peoples' perceptions and experiences of major depression.Global Journal of Health Science. 2017; 9: 26-35https://doi.org/10.5539/gjhs.v9n9p26
- Old age depression and its treatment.Psychiatria Danubina. 2010; 22: 124-125
- Effectiveness of guided self-help in decreasing expressed emotion in family caregivers of people diagnosed with depression in Thailand: A randomised controlled trial.BMC Psychiatry. 2015; 15: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1186/s12888-015-0654-z
- The impact of depression on caregivers and other family members: Implications for professional support.Counselling Psychology Quarterly. 2000; 13: 117-134
Nakhon Ratchasima Rajanagarindra Psychiatric Hospital, Department of mental Health. (2015). Psychiatric patients with chain: to new life in the community. Retrieved from: http://mail.jvkorat.go.th:8080/unchain/take_dwn/%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%9B%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%8A.pdf (Thai).
- Karmic quest: Thai family caregivers promoting a peaceful death for people with AIDS.Contemporary Nurse. 2014; 27: 94-103https://doi.org/10.5172/conu.2007.27.1.94
Olpoc, John Rey S., (January 28, 2016).) Factors affecting the level of depression among Thai elderly. Retrieved from: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2778881 or doi:10.2139/ssrn.2778881.
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). (1994). Creating Rural Indicators for Shaping Territorial Policy. Paris: OECD.
- Stressful life events preceding the onset of depression in Asian patients with major depressive disorder.International Journal of Social Psychiatry. 2015; 61: 735-742https://doi.org/10.1177/0020764015577842
- Depressive symptoms of the elderly people and caregiver's burden in home care.Investigación y Educación en Enfermería. 2017; 35: 210-220https://doi.org/10.17533/udea.iee.v35n2a10
- Qualitative research & evaluation methods (4th ed).in: Thousand oaks. Sage, CA2015
- Prevalence and correlates of burden among caregivers of patients with bipolar disorder enrolled in the systematic treatment enhancement program for bipolar disorder.Bipolar Disorders. 2007; 9: 262-273
- Understanding Thai families: A cultural context for therapists using a structural approach.Contemporary Family Therapy. 1997; 19: 209-228
- Turbulent life: The experiences of the family members of patients suffering from depression.Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2014; 21: 249-256https://doi.org/10.1111/jpm.12077
- Depression in the elderly with visual impairment and its association with quality of life.Clinical Interventions in Aging. 2013; 8: 931-943https://doi.org/10.2147/CIA.S27717
- Is health literacy associated with depressive symptoms among Korean adults? Implications for mental health nursing.Perspectives in Psychiatric Care. 2017; 53: 234-242https://doi.org/10.1111/ppc.12162
- Caregiver burden in an elderly population with depression in Sao Paulo, Brazil.Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2002; 37: 416-422https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-002-0571-6
- Depression in frail elders: Impact on family caregivers.International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2004; 19: 655-665https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.1135
- Factors influencing depression among elderly in ban bangkhae nursing homes, Bangkok, Thailand after flooding.Journal Health Researsch. 2012; 26: 313-316
- Living alone and depression: The modifying role of the perceived neighborhood environment.Aging & Mental Health. 2017; 21: 1065-1071https://doi.org/10.1080/13607863.2016.1191060
- A mixed methods exploration of family members'/friends' roles in a self-care intervention for depressive symptoms.Chronic Illness. 2014; 10: 93-106https://doi.org/10.1177/1742395313500359
- Impairment, disability, social support and depression among older parents in rural Thailand.Psychological Medicine. 2010; 40: 1711-1721https://doi.org/10.1017/S003329170999208X
- Family caregiving in depression: Impact on caregivers' daily life, distress, and help seeking.Journal of Affective Disorders. 2004; 81: 211-222https://doi.org/10.1016/s0165-0327(03)00168-x
- Prevalence of major depressive disorders and suicide in long-term care facilities: A report from northern Thailand.Psychogeriatrics. 2012; 12: 11
- Prevalence of depression among the elderly in Chiang Mai province.Journal of the Psychiatric Association of Thailand. 2011; 56: 103-116
- The Thai people and culture.The Public Relations Department, Foreign Office, Thailand, Bangkok2000
- Nurses and Families: A guide to family assessment and Intervention.6th ed. F. A. Davis, Pliladephia2013