The International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses (ISPN) is committed to Social Justice and Social Responsibility. The following statement defines our aspirations to move forward with our beliefs. Our mission is to support advanced-practice psychiatric-mental health nurses in promoting mental health care, health literacy, and policy relevant to mental, behavioral and substance use worldwide. ISPN is also a collaborative partner with the Global Alliance for Behavioral Health and Social Justice, joining many professional voices on mental and behavioral and substance use health issues. Social justice means that the rights of all people are cared for and defended in a fair and just manner. ISPN, an organization committed to social justice and social responsibility, embraces diversity and purposefully seeks inclusivity and equitable opportunities to promote individual and societal health, behavioral health, and well-being.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Psychiatric Nursing
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Global mental health: A call to action.American Journal of Orthopsychiatry. 2019; 89: 420-425
- Access to healthcare for people living in Aotearoa with a serious mental illness: A social justice issue.Whiteriea Nursing and Health Journal. 2017; 24: 53-57
- Epistemic struggles: The role of advocacy in promoting epistemic justice and rights in mental health.Social Science & Medicine. 2018; 219: 36-44
- Health in the Americans + 2017.Regional Office for the Americas of the World Health Organization, Washington, DC2017
- Mental health action plan 2013–2020.WHO Documents Production Services, Geneva, Switzerland2013
Published online: October 28, 2020
© 2020 Published by Elsevier Inc.