- •Online post-master’s PMHNP certificate programs can be efficient and effective in increasing access to mental health.
- •Nurse practitioners with education and certification in more than one population foci are likely to merge the competencies in practice.
- •Rural mental health care workforce retention can be achieved by recruiting nurse practitioners who are already committed to rural living.
- •Long-term sustainability requires competent educators to teach NP students how to identify and address health disparities, and monitor impact.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- NPs are key to providing better rural care.(Retrieved from:)https://www.aanp.org/news-feed/national-nurse-practitioner-week-nps-are-key-to-providing-better-rural-careDate: 2019
- The state of the nurse practitioner profession 2020: Results from the nurse practitioner sample survey.(Retrieved from:)
- The essentials: Core competencies for professional nursing education.(Retrieved from:)https://www.aacnnursing.org/About-AACN/AACN-Governance/Committees-and-Task-Forces/EssentialsDate: 2021
- There's a primary care shortage in this country.(Retrieved from:) AANP News Feed, 2019https://www.aanp.org/news-feed/national-nurse-practitioner-week-nps-are-key-to-providing-better-rural-care
- APRN consensus model for APRN regulation.(Retrieved from:)
- Advanced practice nursing roles: A proposed framework for evaluation - PEPPA-Plus toolkit.McMaster University: Author, 2019
- A framework for the introduction and evaluation of advanced practice nursing roles.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2004; 48: 530-540https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2004.03235.x
- Framework for evaluating the impact of advanced practice nursing roles.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2016; 48: 201-209https://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12199
- Nursing health services research agenda for the 2020s.(Retrieved from)
- Mental health: Position statement.International Council of Nurses, Geneva, Switzerland2020 (Retrieved from https://www.icn.ch/sites/default/files/inline-files/PS_A_Mental%20Health_1.pdf)
- ICN at world health assembly 74.(Retrieved from)
- The future of nursing 2020-2030: Charting a path to achieve health equity.(Retrieved from)https://www.nap.edu/download/25982Date: 2021
- Population-focused nurse practitioner competencies.(Retrieved from:)https://www.nonpf.org/page/14Date: 2013
- Criteria for evaluation of nurse practitioner programs. (5th ed.).(Retrieved from:)
- Rural health disparities.(Retrieved from)
- Standard framework for levels of integrated healthcare.(Retrieved from) SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions, Washington, DC2013