- •Cyberbullying and cyber victimisation have become important problems among university students.
- •Chronic childhood traumas experienced during childhood and the early teenage years are an important risk factor in the emergence of university cyberbullying and cyber victimisation behaviours among students.
- •Students at risk of cyberbullying and cyber victimization should be identified, and awareness and coping programs should be planned.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cyberbullying, it's tyeps and related factors: An evaluation through the existing studies.Online Academic Journal of Information Technology. 2017; 8: 1-19https://doi.org/10.5824/1309-1581.2017.5.001.x
- The investigation of predictors of cyberbullying and cyber victimization in university students.Forensic Research & Criminology International Journal. 2017; 4: 146-149
- Possible common correlates between bullying and cyber-bullying among adolescents.Psicología Educativa. 2016; 22: 27-38https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pse.2016.01.003
- Pattern and correlates of cyberbullying victimization among Egyptian university students in Beni-Suef,Egypt.Journal of the Egyptian Public Health Association. 2017; 92: 107-115
- Initial psychometric findings of Cyber Bullying Scale.Journal of Hasan Ali Yücel Faculty of Education. 2012; 9 (Retrieved from https://hayefjournal.org/en/siber-zorbalik-olceginin-ilk-psikometrik-bulgulari-16517): 101-114
- Investigation of the relationship between cyberbullying, cybervictimization, alexithymia and anger expression styles among adolescents.Computers in Human Behavior. 2016; 55: 278-285https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2015.09.015
- Initial psychometric findings of Cyber Victimization Scale.Mediterranean Journal of Educational Research. 2012; 11 (Retrieved from https://toad.halileksi.net/sites/default/files/pdf/siber-magduriyet-olcegi-toad.pdf): 1-6
- Cyberbullying: The discriminant factors among cyberbullies, cybervictims, and cyberbully-victims in a Czech adolescent sample.Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 2015; 30: 3192-3216https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260514555006
- Cyberbullying: An emerging threat to the “always on” generation.(Retrieved from)http://www.cyberbullying.caDate: 2006
- Development and validation of a brief screening version of the Childhood Trauma Questionnaire.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2003; 27: 169-190https://doi.org/10.1016/S0145-2134(02)00541-0
- Cyberbullying, self-esteem, empathy and loneliness.Computers in Human Behavior. 2015; 48: 255-260https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2015.01.073
Çimke and Cerit, n.d. S. Çimke E. Cerit Social media addiction, cyberbullying and cyber victimization of university students. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 35, 499-503.
- Parental attidutes as a predictor of cyberbullying among primary school children.World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology International Journal of Computer and Systems Engineering. 2010; 4: 1667-1671
- Systematic review of empirical studies on cyberbullying in adults: What we know and what we should investigate.Aggression and Violent Behavior. 2017; 38: 113-122https://doi.org/10.1016/j.avb.2017.12.003
- Effect of childhood adversity experiences, psychological distress, and resilience on depressive symptoms among Indonesian university students.International Journal of Adolescence and Youth. 2018; 24: 177-184https://doi.org/10.1080/02673843.2018.1485584
- Assessing risk factors and impact of cyberbullying victimization among university students in Myanmar: A crosssectional study.PLoS ONE. 2020; 15e0227051https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0227051
- Cyber-bullying: An investigation of the psychological profile of university student participants.Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology. 2014; 35: 204-214https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appdev.2014.04.001
- Cyberbullying and subjective health: A large-scale study of students in Stockholm, Sweden.Children and Youth Services Review. 2013; 35: 112-119https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2012.10.020
- Prevalence of cyberbullying and predictors of cyberbullying perpetration among Korean adolescents.Computers in Human Behavior. 2017; 68: 352-358https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2016.11.047
- Being a cybervictim and a cyberbully—The duality of cyberbullying: A meta-analysis.Computers in Human Behavior. 2020; 106444https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2020.106444
- Relationship between suicidal thinking, anxiety, depression and stress in university students who are victims of cyberbullying.Psychiatry Research. 2020; 286112856https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2020.112856
- General and ıct self efficacy in different participants roles in cyberbullying/victimization among Pakistani university students.Frontiers Psychology. 2019; 10: 1098https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2019.01098
- Preventing and coping strategies for cyber bullying and cyber victimization.World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering. 2016; 10: 1771-1774https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1125759
- Investigation of effect of human values-oriented psycho-training program on cyber bullying.Atatürk Unıversıty Journal of Socıal Scıences Instıtute. 2015; 19 (Retrieved from https://dergipark.org.tr/en/download/article-file/32509): 11-22
- Psychological security, psychological loneliness, and age as the predictors of cyber-bullying among university students.Community Mental Health Journal. 2020; 56: 393-403https://doi.org/10.1007/s10597-019-00455-z
- Validity and reliability of the Turkish version of childhood trauma questionnaire.Turkiye Klinikleri Journal Medical Science. 2012; 32: 1054-1063https://doi.org/10.5336/medsci.2011-26947
- Feeling cybervictims' pain—The effect of empathy training on cyberbullying.Aggressive Behavior. 2016; 42: 147-156https://doi.org/10.1002/ab.21613
- Internet addiction, cyberbullying, and victimization relationship in adolescents.Journal of Addictions Nursing. 2019; 30: 201-210https://doi.org/10.1097/JAN.0000000000000296
- The link between childhood psychological maltreatment and cyberbullying perpetration attitudes among undergraduates: Testing the risk and protective factors.PLoS ONE. 2020; 15e0236792https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0236792
- Examination of cyber bullying and victimization among adolescents.Online Journal of Technology Addıction & Cyberbullying. 2018; 5 (Retrieved from https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/article-file/612700): 21-45
- The effects of childhood trauma experiences and attachment styles on cyberbullying and victimization among university students.Cyprus Turkish Journal of Psychiatry & Psychology. 2021; 3: 241-249
- Information technologies usage survey.(Retrieved from)https://data.tuik.gov.tr/Bulten/Index?p=Survey-on-Information-and-Communication-Technology-(ICT)-Usage-in-Households-and-by-Individuals-2021-37437Date: 2021
- Effects of childhood adversity and resilience on Taiwanese youth health behaviours.Pediatrics and Neonatology. 2019; 60: 368-376https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedneo.2018.08.004
- Cyberbullying in higher education: A literature review.Computers in Human Behavior. 2017; 69: 268-274https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2016.12.038
- Digital 2021: The latest insights into the ‘State of digital’.(Retrieved from)https://wearesocial.com/uk/blog/2021/01/digital-2021-the-latest-insights-into-the-state-of-digital/Date: 2021
- Investigating the relationship between cyberbullying and perceived family support in middle-school students in relation to gender, frequency of internet use, and grade.Addicta: The Turkish Journal on Addictions. 2018; 5: 249-284