- •Anger is an emotion which may be experienced in varying intensities from a minor annoyance to wrath.
- •Nurses are one of the key people who guide and support in providing anger management and preventing violent behaviors.
- •It is important that nurses use effective methods in protecting and improving the mental health of adolescents.
- •Solution-focused nursing interventions can contribute to the prevention of violence and aggressive behaviors.
- •The provision of anger management by nurses can help strengthening of abilities, skills and capabilities in adolescents.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Solution focused approach and usage of nursing.JCBPR. 2016; 3: 145-152https://doi.org/10.5455/JCBPR.234017
- Prevalence and expression of anger in school going adolescents.Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 2020; 34: 35-40https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnu.2019.12.002
- The effect of solution focused brief group counseling on bullying among high school students.SUJEF. 2016; 6: 72-84https://doi.org/10.19126/suje.62580
- The effect of anger management training on violence tendency to high school students.(Retrieved from) Atatürk University, 2019
- The investigation of adolescents' anger expression styles, social comparison level, hopelessness levels and conflict solving approach.(Retrieved from) Halic University, 2014
- Investigotion about the relationship between agression and temper levels of adolescents who live ın youth home (orphanage).(Retrieved from) Sabahattin Zaim University, 2019
- The effect of conflict resolution program on middle school students’ conflict resolution skills, trait anger and anger expression styles.Elementary Education Online. 2019; 18: 97-111
- The role of family and school-level factors in bullying and cyberbullying: A cross-sectional study.BMC Pediatr. 2017; 17 (Retrieved from): 160https://doi.org/10.3310/hta1953010.1186/s12887-017-0907-8
- Initiating change locally in bullying and aggression through the school environment (Inclusıve): A pilot randomised controlled trial.Health Technology Assessment. 2015; 19: 1-110https://doi.org/10.3310/hta19530
- A solution-focused group treatment approach for individuals maladaptively expressing anger [Professıonal dıssertatıon].Wright State University, 2011
- The effects of anger management on children’s social and emotional outcomes: A meta-analysis.School Psychology International. 2012; 33: 596-614https://doi.org/10.1177/0143034312454360
- The effect of anger control program secondary school students’ anger control.Turk PDR Dergisi. 2017; 7 (Retrieved from): 87-98
- What works in youth violence prevention: A review of the literature.Research on Social Work Practice. 2013; 23: 141-156https://doi.org/10.1177/1049731512465899
- Reducing aggressive behavior using solution-focused brief counseling (Sfbc).Jurnal Bimbingan Konseling Indonesia. 2017; 2: 34-39
- Effectiveness of universal school-based programs for prevention of violence in adolescents.Psychology of Violence. 2016; 6: 390-399https://doi.org/10.1037/vio0000052
- The effectiveness of solution-focused group therapy in ethnic Chinese school settings: A meta-analysis.International Journal of Group Psychotherapy. 2016; 67: 383-409https://doi.org/10.1080/00207284.2016.1240588
- Ergenlik dönemi ruh sağlığı ve hastalıkları.in: Çam O. Engin E. Ruh sağlığı ve hastalıkları hemşireliği bakım sanatı. İstanbul Tıp Bookstore, İstanbul2014: 707-773
- Prevalence of violence tendency in adolescents.Journal of Theoretical Educational Science. 2015; 8 (Retrieved from): 106-124
- Development of violence tendency scale.Education and Science. 2012; 37 (Retrieved from): 165-177https://www.proquest.com/openview/ede5226c77b988738147d2ceb5897676/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=1056401
- A meta-analysis of the effectiveness of individually oriented cognitive behavioral treatment (CBT) for severe aggressive behavior in adolescents.J Forens Psychiatry Psychol. 2015; 26: 22-37https://doi.org/10.1007/s10608-012-9476-1
- The role of human values in predicting trait anger and anger expression styles among adolescents.Elementary Education Online. 2015; 4: 1149-1158
- Relationship between digital gaming addiction and tendency to violence among high school students [Unpublished master’s thesis].Hasan Kalyoncu University, Retrieved from2019 (https://tez.yok.gov.tr/UlusalTezMerkezi/tezSorguSonucYeni.jsp)
- The withdrawn or recalcitrant client.in: Santos J.C. Cutcliffe J.R. European psychiatric/mental health nursing in the 21st century: A person-centred evidence-based approach. Springer, Switzerland2018: 479-493
- Managing anger in adolescents.Pract Nurs. 2015; 45: 18-23
- The effect of anger management training in groups on aggression of 12–15 years old male students.Iran Journal of Nursing. 2011; 24 (Retrieved from): 26-35
- The development of aggression and violence in adolescence.Springer. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-54563-3
- A systematic meta-review of evaluations of youth violence prevention programs: Common and divergent findings from 25 years of meta-analyses and systematic reviews.Aggression and Violent Behavior. 2012; 17: 540-552https://doi.org/10.1016/j.avb.2012.06.006
- Consequences of bullying victimization in childhood and adolescence: A systematic review and meta-analysis.World Journal of Psychiatry. 2017; 7: 60
- Solution-focused counseling in schools.in: 3rd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York2015: 263
- Sürekli öfke (SL-ÖFKE) ve öfke ifade tarzı (ÖFKE-TARZ) ölçekleri ön çalışması.Turk Psikoloji Dergisi. 1994; 9: 26-35
- Testing the ‘teaching kids to cope with anger’ youth anger intervention program in a rural school-based sample.Issues in Mental Health Nursing. 2015; 36: 200-208https://doi.org/10.3109/01612840.2014.969390
- The efficacy of art therapy to reduce anxiety among bullying victims.Int J Res Stud Psychol. 2014; 3: 77-88https://doi.org/10.5861/ijrsp.2014.829
- The effect of solution focused group therapy on treatment of the second grade primary school students exam anxiety, agressive tendency and problem solving ability.Gazi Üniversitesi Gazi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi. 2010; 30 (Retrieved from): 325-356
- Solution-focused groupwork.in: Siyez D.M. Soylu Y. Arslan Ü. Esen E. Bağatarhan T. 1st ed. Nobel Academy, Ankara2016
- Effect of solution focused programme on adolescents’ anger control and communication skills.Turk PDR Dergisi. 2014; 5 (Retrieved from): 11-22
- A thematic analysis of the experience of UK mental health nurses who have trained in solution focused brief therapy.Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2017; 24: 105-113https://doi.org/10.1111/jpm.12365
- Assessment of anger: The state-trait anger scale.Advances in Personality Assessment. 1983; 2: 161-189
- The effect of solution-focused brief therapy oriented intervention program on adolescents' level of risk-taking behavior.(Retrieved from) Sakarya University, 2014
- Mental health nursing from a solution focused perspective.International Journal of Mental Health Nursing. 2010; 19: 210-219https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1447-0349.2009.00659.x
- The effect of anger management education program over the high school students’ anger and anger state trait.(Retrieved from) Necmettin Erbakan University, 2017