This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
This article describes the issues involved in a collaborative research effort between a university and a behavioral health care provider. We describe the collaborative process and highlight advantages and disadvantages of such collaboration. Specific examples are used to show how the collaborative process between a university team and clinical team can integrate theory, research, and clinical practice.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Psychiatric Nursing
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Multidisciplinary research.Science. November, 1994; 266 ([Editorial]): 951
- Psychiatric inpatient research.Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. 1969; 149: 398-407
- The American Disabilities Act of 1990.STAT 327. July 26, 1990; : 104
- The NIMH public-academic liaison (PAL) research initiative: An update.Hospital and Community Psychiatry. 1991; 42: 71
- Specialized training program: The structured employment model.in: Paine S. Bellamy G. Wilcox B. Human services that work: From innovation to practice. Paul Brookes Pub. Co., 1984: 181-208
- State-university collaboration in Nebraska: Public psychiatry residency training in a rural area.Hospital and Community Psychiatry. 1991; 42: 49-51
- The therapeutic community as a research ward.Archives of General Psychiatry. 1979; 37: 377-380
- Research as an impetus to improved treatment.Archives of General Psychiatry. 1980; 37: 377-380
- Conducting treatment outcome research in a community mental health center.Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal. 1996; 20: 59-63
- The use of the Addiction Severity Index with people with severe mental illness.Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal. 1995; 19: 9a-18a
- Conflict between treatment and science on a research ward investigating schizophrenia.Psychiatric Association Journal. 1966; 11: 306-313
- Integrating nursing theory, practice and research through collaborative research.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 1989; 14: 141-145
- Research on the psychiatric ward.Archives of General Psychiatry. 1969; 141: 1075-1077
- Collaboration in care and research.Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 1990; 1: 53-61
- Clinical research: A key to clinical training.American Journal of Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 317-335
- Public acadmic liaison.Focus on Mental Health services Research. 1989; 3: 4
- Integrating research into clinical settings.Innovations and Research. 1993; 2: 35-41
- Building research from a clinical base: Problems and possibilities.Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic. 1977; 41: 61-78
- A state-university collaboration program: Residents' perspectives.Hospital and Community Psychiatry. 1991; 42: 62-66
- Employment supports for people with mental illness.Psychiatric Services. 1995; 46: 707-711
- Collaborative research in mental health.Administration and Policy in Mental Health. 1993; 20: 421-435
- Does research interfere with patient care?.American Journal of Psychiatry. 1975; 132: 975-976
- The work group within the organization: A sociopsychological approach.Psychiatry. 1973; 36: 115-142
- Models for care and research: Closed-staff private hospitals.Hospital and Community Psychiatry. 1983; 34: 1058-1061
Rehabilitation Act, Employment Standards Administration Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. §503. http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/reqs/compliance/ofccp/fs503.htm.
- The clinical research ward as a therapeutic community: incompatibilities.American Journal of Psychiatry. 1975; 132: 48-51
- Functioning at the clinical-research interface: The clinical research meeting.American Journal of Psychiatry. 1975; 132: 919-923
- Research in practice: an ‘experiment’ in researcher-practitioner collaboration.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 1991; 16: 506-510
- Competitive employment: New horizons for severely disabled individuals.in: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., Baltimore1981: 93-110
- This I believe about clinical nursing research.Nursing Outlook. 1972; 20: 718-722
Supported by the Ohio Department of Mental Health, Office of Program Evaluation and Research, Grant #94, 1065.
© 1998 W.B. Saunders Company. Published by Elsevier Inc.